Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Changes and new beginnings

I know, I know, I haven't written in FOREVER. So sue me. I'm new to this whole blogging thing anyway. There's no one reading, so I don't know why I bother!

Since my last entry, I've been forced to find a new living space and I've willingly changed jobs. Lots of change! We were leasing a house and we'd been there three years. We were on a month-to-month lease and the homeowner decided she wanted to move back into the house. So, out we go, with a whopping 30 days notice. Not easy to find a rental in Coppell during the school year, but we lucked out. We've got a much better place with more charm than the old one. We now have a covered patio, a landscaped yard and shade trees! The only thing we've been missing is a refrigerator. The old house came with one, the new house did not. After two months, I've finally gotten the money together and found a sale price I can live with.

New job too! There used to be this checklist of stressful things you encounter in life and a rating system for how stressful they are.... moving residences and changing jobs were pretty high on the list and now I've done them both in a 2-month period. No wonder I'm wiped out most of the time. Of course, that could also be from a lack of exercise! My best friend is always telling me I'd have more energy if I would actually get up and do some exercise once in a while.

Perhaps with this period of change, I could put some energy into changing more things. Would that be just asking for more stress? Or could I use this period of stress to my benefit and start a whole new life? Sounds nice, doesn't it? A fresh start?

Everyone needs a fresh start once in a while. Everyone needs a second chance once in a while too. We all do stupid stuff and need to just wipe the slate clean and start over!

Haven't knitted since we moved into the new house. Need to get that baby blanket out and finish it. I also need to figure out where and how to best organize all my knitting stuff in this new house!

TTFN
Knitwit

1 comment:

Bo Nash said...

Hello. I am an attorney from the law firm of Goldfarb, Terwilliger and Huffnoodler. Our firm represents your friend, Bo Nash. We are posting this comment to notify you that he is suing you for never updating this damned blog.