Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Hats and scarves




My friend Amy asked me to make a couple of scarves and socks for her to give as Christmas gifts. (Yes, the socks that I've been moaning about.) After weeks of spasms, fits and nightmares, I had to finally accept that socks are beyond my current patience level. I compromised and whipped her a couple of hats to go with the scarves. She was gracious enough to take a couple of photos for me (while I sit, hoping my son has picked up on my hints that I want a digital camera for Christmas).


The scarves and the multicolor hat are made out of Lion Brand Homespun, which gives a nice nubby look. The red hat is made out of a finer sock yarn (forgot the actual brand at the moment.)


I now have a box of Boa yarn to whip up a few scarves for others for the holiday season.


Oh, and did I tell you that I've been commissioned to make a "goat wreath"? Yes, I'll be knitting for livestock! I'm actually looking forward to this one. My friend has a couple of pygmy goats for pets. Even though her husband put forth the effort to build them a nice shelter for the cold weather, they still prefer to hang out on the back porch, so she's asked me to knit them scarves (I'm thinking large cowl-neck - not a tie on scarf). I'll keep you posted.


Knitwit

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I really like that second scarf set. It's so cute.