Friday, November 10, 2006

Why do you do it?

Why do you knit? If you don't knit, but you have some other creative hobby that you love, why do you do it? Is it the joy of creating something? Which do you enjoy more, the act of doing the project or the finished project itself?

I enjoy the process - the fact that I'm using my hands to create something. I'm not good at visualizing things, not a good artist, can't draw a straight line if my life depends on it. But with a knitting pattern, some yarn and needles, I can leave the everyday stress behind and become a creative person.

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the finished project, but the process is the most rewarding. It's therapeutic.

Yesterday we celebrated a co-workers birthday and I gave her a mohair poncho I had knit. It was a little large for her tiny frame, but she seemed to like it.

-Knitwit (aka knitwit-less)

No comments: